Thursday, June 16, 2011

Food for Thought

Of the many questions I get asked in regards to my diet, one of the primary ones is "Do you eat organic?"
My answer is, "I eat clean, and I try to eat organic..." The thing is, eating organic foods is harder than you think. And what you think to be an organic product, many times is not.

Read the story linked below to see what I am talking about...

www.organichealthadvisor.com/archives/when-organic-is-not-really-organic

So, the next time you pop into a whole foods and buy without reading, consider this; many of the so-called-organic foods you are picking up are actually produced half way across the world in China. The amount of pesticides needed to maintain the "quality" of foods transported that distance are staggering. Research proves that high amounts of pesticides cause irreversible kidney damage amongst other illnesses.

If you are making a conscious decision to eat better, please take the time to read what you are actually buying before consuming it!

2 comments:

  1. Ashley you are so right about the organic food industry, if people would educate themselves with reading the labels of the origin of the products their purchasing they might reconsider purchasing them. Thank you for posting the link and look forward to staying updated and learning more.
    Warmest Regards,
    Earl

    ReplyDelete

  2. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete